17 September 2005

But Darlings, I Love You All



Darren over at ProBlogger has given seven days for readers to admit to their blog crushes.

Quoted examples of crush behaviour include:

- you like the way they blog
- you find yourself logging onto their blog every day (sometimes more) and staring at their design or drooling over their way with words
- their RSS feed is at the top of your list
- you leave more comments on their blog than you write posts on your own
- you let them know about posts you’ve written in the hope that one day they’ll notice you
- you dream about that elusive spot on their blog roll that you’d love to fill
- every second post you do is about them or their blog
This puts me on the spot. I like to think of myself as fairly discerning but I rarely add anyone to my bloglist whose posts do not leave me impressed; by the humour, the turn of phrase, the literary skill, the layout and most usually by the personality behind it all.

I guess I just love you all - I hope that doesn't make me look like a blogslapper (UK slang, slapper = whore!), please think of me more as a kid in a sweety shop and stuck for choice.

The seven days are now actually only FIVE DAYS, so if there is anyone that you admire, have urges to promote or see succeed etc etc, please pop over to problogger and play.

Going away now, because I'm getting that shy, nervous wallflower feeling, which is detestable. I have to find a mirror and go tell myself off.

6 comments:

fineartist said...

Cheryl, I love you too. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways, 1. I love your sense of humor. 2. I love the way you write, you both intrigue me and impress the pee wods out of me. 3. I love your wisdom, for someone so young you are miles wise. 4. I love your compassion, and understanding. I could go on, but I don’t want to make you wretch…I just dig ya, I do. Lori

jane said...

Gosh, maybe I'm a lesbian & don't know it. 99.99% of my favorite bloggers, especially my daily reads, are women. I've never swung that way, but given the criteria....well, maybe I'll just become celibate. :)

Cheryl said...

I don't know - Darren is male, and males don't do appreciation for its own sake, I think very few know how to marvel at something without a stirring of the loins being involved.
We women are just more stable!
In fact, I am going to post........

Sam Freedom said...

C'mon, you crack me up. If you believe even a tenth of what you write about men that it ain't for lack of evolving males. It's because some kind of a big disappointment to the "little sister" left your intellect in the difficult position of having to play "big sister."

It's admirable you're holding up so well, but some day you're going to need a break from it and I hope you've someone who *impresses you* enough to take their kind advice.

Before I go, being a knuckle-dragging male, I should probably comment on the lesbian comment in the second reply. Oh, well, I'll struggle to leave it alone just this once.

Oh my, it's harder than I thought it would be...

Lesbians, yum!

Sam

Cheryl said...

Hahahah Sam, I DO LIKE YOU!
I will be your equal, honestly, I look forward; as soon as you're big enough.

Sam Freedom said...

Ok, I'm big enough. I'll stop pretending that I need to catch up, and cycle down for you now.

But can we just talk about lesbians a little longer?

Sam